Coastal Navigation Course – FAQ
What you get
- Unlimited support via phone or email
- Learning terminology and chart conventions
- Where on Earth are we? And what does that mean?
- Time conversions, Speed Distance and Time,
- Learning all about the chart and chart corrections (notices to mariners)
- Chart work, chart scale
- Latitude and longitude, plotting
- Position fixing (GPS, bearing and distance, direction)
- Understanding and applying Variation
- Understanding and applying Deviation
- Learn how to check your boat’s Deviation
- Converting True to Compass and Compass to True
- Finding your position without GPS: 3-bearing fix, deduced reckoning, (estimated position, set and drift)
- Passage Planning
- Collision Regulations
- Introduction into Weather…. And more…
- Understand chart reliability
- Identify charts symbols, dangers, soundings, lights etc
- Understand and apply tidal and current information
- Relative bearings, Transit bearings, Running Fix, Double the angle on the bow
- Tides, Find the Depth Under keel Clearance
Special prices for Navigation tools and books, purchase when you enrol
1) Full colour Navigation Manual, with step by step instructions.
2) Q&A manual, for practice questions and answers that explain how each question is tackled.
Special Price: $49.99 FOR BOTH MANUALS (plus $9.99 delivery)
Chart AUS252: $34.00 (plus $9.99 delivery)
Portland Plotter, Dividers, Pencil Compass: $120 (plus $16 delivery)
Shop for gifts, manuals and equipment
To achieve this qualification you will need to do a written and practical assessment (the practical can be achieved via video).
Online (via Zoom): $99*
On the water. Vessel based in the far south NSW coast. Minimum numbers apply POA
Via video/RPL: Send in your video for assessment: $99
View tip videos
NAVIGATION COURSE FAQ: QUESTIONS?
0458 391660 Jackie@sistershiptraining.com
Subscribe here to receive promotions and information