Self-Paced Courses – Passage Planning
The workshop forms part of our Navigation Qualification. This includes everything you need to prepare properly and enjoy your time on the water.
Please read: T&C Disclaimer
What you get:
- Step-by-step we go through the processes and procedures to create a Passage Plan
- Sample Passage Plan
- Passage Plan Template
- Samples from a Safety Management System (SMS)
- Safety Management System Template
- Navigation techniques for quick and easy position checking en route.
- MORE THAN 20 DOWNLOADS – CHECKLISTS – TIPS – INFO – REMINDERS ETC (see list below)
- 5 QUIZZES – step by step to check your progress
- 5 CROSSWORDS – a fun way to test your knowledge
- BOOKLET – Tides, Under Keel Clearance
- 20 VIDEOS – sit back and learn
- EMERGENCY CHECK LISTS
- Navigation reminders (video):
Plotting, bearings, Notices to Mariners, 3-bearing fix, transits, bearings, soundings, DR, EP
Free Surface Effect
- Fuel calculations
- Crew responsibilities and watches
- Chart details and planning
- Appraisal, planning, execution, and monitoring
Passage Plan Example
Passage Plan Template
The Theory of Tides Booklet
Check list before sailing
Daily checks when underway
Date Log regular checks when underway
HF Radio Stations from BOM
Info – compass to true and true to compass reminders
Info – speed, distance, time
Info – formula and useful information
Info – Mayday calling procedure
Info – Mayday – Pan Pan – Securite
Log Engine Oil
Navigation check list
Night Watch tips
Safety Management Systems Template/samples
Example of SMS SOPS (Standard Operational Procedures)
Safety Environment – Sample
Emergency Procedures – Sample
Responsibilities and Authorities – Sample
Be safer and feel more confident on the water! $24.99 “the downloads alone have this much value!”
If you’d like to book the full navigation course, which includes (with Navigation) Weather, Passage Planning, and Col Regs – at a discounted price Click here.
See what else we get up to here.
Great feedback on all our courses: Here’s why learners do SisterShip Courses. Click here.
We are confident our Self-Paced Courses – Passage Planning course will help you. We traversed thousands of ocean miles and our preparation always helped us deal with all the challenges Mother Nature could throw at us!