Self-Paced Courses – Collison Regulations (online)
Lights and Shapes.
This workshop forms part of our Navigation Course. If you just want this section (Col Regs – Lights and Shapes) you are in the right place.
This course is great for revision or to commence your understanding of the Collision Regulations Lights and Shapes and give-way rules. We reveal our personal technique to remember the lights/shapes easily.
Please read: T&C Disclaimer
What you get:
- Unlimited support via phone or email
- Video presentations taking you through the key elements of lights and shapes
- Practice quizzes
- Our personal technique to help you remember the lights/shapes and build on that knowledge
If you’d like to do the complete Navigation course (including Weather, Passage Planning, and Col Regs)
Available now for $14.99 – Take this course
We learn to manoeuvre a car and the rules of the road on land, it’s the same for a boat.
The International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972, often abbreviated to Col Regs, are the worldwide rules of the road on the water.
The way I learned them
- Combine patterns
- Study the basics (port, starboard, stern light)
- Study the sets that show ‘not under command’ and ‘restricted in ability to manoeuvre’, etc
- Understand how they work when you put them together
That meant I didn’t have to remember every individual scenario, but interpret what I saw by using the core knowledge and ‘sets’ of lights combined together. Read more here…