This workshop forms part of our Navigation Qualification. It’s a great introduction and foundation to weather
What you get:
- Unlimited support via phone or email
- Video presentations taking you through:
- Introduction to weather
- What is weather?
- What causes weather?
- Trade winds
- Synoptic charts
- Highs and lows
- Cyclones/Tropical revolving storms: development and warning signs: action
- Ridges, troughs, frontal depressions
- Warm and cold fronts, occluded fronts: what does this mean to us?
- Jet streams
- Line squalls
- Local weather patters
- Storm surge
- Synoptic charts – forecast and a case study
- Pressure and wind strength
7 QUIZZES to test your knowledge step-by-step
21 VIDEOS, sit back and watch and learn
CHECKLIST – Cyclone Preparation (download)
ARTICLE/PHOTOS – Clouds
ARTICLE – Interpret, adjust, prepare: forecasting
TIPS/TRICKS – what we learned to watch for with over 20 years on the water
DISCOUNTED BOOK: Understand Weather – A Mariner’s Guide
If you’d like to book the full the navigation course, which includes (with Navigation) Weather, Passage Planning, and Col Regs – at a discounted price Click here.
OR just book the Weather section for now – Introductory Offer: $19.99 Take this course