We’ve been successful in the Connecting Women to Trades Grant. We did this last year, but this program is much bigger/longer/fuller, and we are running it twice!
Summary (draft program/dates)
1st group: May – October
2nd group – October – March
The program is fully funded for participants.
The Program Includes
1) Accredited training, which is the maritime safety skills set comprising: Sea Survival, Survival Skills, Fire Fighting, and WHS.
2) Non-accredited training – overview on navigation, radio, and weather.
3) Practicals: experience on various vessels, including a sailboat.
4) Site visits to companies: understand how they work and what career paths there may be.
5) On-going MentorShip, fortnightly zooms to chat about any learnings/jobs/ anything in the maritime industry where I can help/support participants. I’ll be organising some guest speakers as well (some will be on Zoom some will be coming along to give presentations on the industry (commercial boats, tugs, superyachts, NSW Transport, Marine Surveyor, world sailors etc).
We had fun last year (last year’s pics) keep scrolling for more info and how to register your EOI.
We are just scheduling the year – this is subject to change. At the moment it may be Friday afternoon/evening sessions with the group so we can have site visits during the day Friday (ie a full day for part of the program, then leading to fortnightly sessions on zoom). This provides participants with an opportunity to stay in the area for commercial training on the weekend.
This is last year’s brochure (below) – note the program lasts a lot longer this year and is packed with support/training, and introductions.
Expressions of Interest (EOI)
Please register your interest here asap.