Did you know that every skipper has the responsibility to put together a proper passage plan according to SOLAS V regulation?
Considerations need to be given to the crew, vessel, hazards weather, contingency plans, and other factors.
The aim is to get hands-on with how to plan a passage, including looking at publications, planning, executing,
and monitoring a safe passage.
We’ll touch on the details as listed below.
This course is delivered by Ivan Signorelli at Ocean Boardroom, please book here.
If you’d like to work from the comfort of our home with our online video course, click here::
• Step-by-step we go through the processes and procedures to create a Passage Plan
• Sample Passage Plan
• Passage Plan Template
• Samples from a Safety Management System (SMS)
• Safety Management System Template
• Navigation techniques for quick and easy position checking en route.
• MORE THAN 20 DOWNLOADS – CHECKLISTS – TIPS – INFO – REMINDERS ETC (see list below)
• 5 QUIZZES – step by step to check your progress
• 5 CROSSWORDS – a fun way to test your knowledge
• BOOKLET – Tides, Under Keel Clearance
• 20 VIDEOS – sit back and learn
• EMERGENCY CHECKLISTS
• Navigation reminders (video):
• Plotting, bearings, Notices to Mariners, 3-bearing fix, transits, bearings, soundings, DR, EP
• Free Surface Effect
• Fuel calculations
• Crew responsibilities and watches
• Chart details and planning
• Appraisal, planning, execution, and monitoring
Passage Plan Example
Passage Plan Template
The Theory of Tides Booklet
Checklist before sailing
Daily checks when underway
Date Log regular checks when underway
HF Radio Stations from BOM
Info – compass to true and true to compass reminders
Info – speed, distance, time
Info – formula and useful information
Info – Mayday calling procedure
Info – Mayday – Pan Pan – Securite
Log Engine Oil
Night Watch tips